Event Phone: 020 8997 5855
- January 6, 2021
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
This NQT session will encourage NQTs to explore how to teach writing and grammar in engaging and inclusive ways that inspire children to write, gain confidence with grammatical concepts and prepare for the SPAG tests. The content of this essential course includes:
- Usage and understanding of key grammatical terms
- Tools and strategies to teach grammar in the context of supporting the improvement of pupils’ writing
- Preparing for the grammar element of the SPAG tests
- Facilitating progression in children’s writing – the role of marking
- Writing in the context of the requirements of the National Curriculum
- Writing in different genres: fiction/non-fiction and narrative/non-narrative
- Attendees will be given interactive activities to take back to their schools to enhance the learning of grammar across all age groups
Venue: Montpelier Primary School
Venue Phone: 020 8997 5855
Venue Website: http://www.montpelierschool.net/Address:
- All courses are hosted at Montpelier Primary School, Montpelier Road, Ealing, London, W5 2QT.
- Please note there are NO PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE on site and a number of nearby roads have restricted parking. There is zone free parking on Helena Rd, Mount Avenue and some neighbouring roads.
- Please use the TRANSPORT FOR LONDON LINK to check the best public transport available to Montpelier Primary School.
- Buses from Ealing Broadway: E2, E7, E9, 226