Event Phone: 020 8997 5855
- September 30, 2020
1:00 pm - 4:45 pm
This NQT course is designed to support NQTs make the shift of mindset required to move from being a student or trainee to being a professional teacher in a school environment. Topics covered in this session include:
- Expectations – the expectations schools have of professional teachers.
- Tools for self-management – a toolkit that supports NQTs to meet professional expectations, positively impact student attainment whilst managing workload and maintaining positive wellbeing
- Teacher performance: how it’s measured, staff appraisal and a teacher’s responsibilities to their pupils including marking, assessment and handling data
- Roles and relationships within a school – what is appropriate conduct for a teacher with children, colleagues, parents and carers they meet at school and what are the roles and responsibilities of the Senior Leadership Team at school?
- Governance – the role of governors within a school and how that relates to the day to day responsibilities of a teacher
- Teacher Conduct – the importance of adhering to Teacher Standards and understanding a school’s disciplinary policy
Venue: Montpelier Primary School
Venue Phone: 020 8997 5855
Venue Website: http://www.montpelier.ealing.sch.ukAddress:
- All courses are hosted at Montpelier Primary School, Montpelier Road, Ealing, London, W5 2QT.
- Please note there are NO PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE on site and a number of nearby roads have restricted parking. There is zone free parking on Helena Rd, Mount Avenue and some neighbouring roads.
- Please use the TRANSPORT FOR LONDON LINK to check the best public transport available to Montpelier Primary School.
- Buses from Ealing Broadway: E2, E7, E9, 226