Event Phone: 020 8997 5855
- March 24, 2021
1:00 pm - 4:45 pm
This NQT course will examine and explore the role a teacher plays in delivering their school’s curriculum and deepening the learning of their pupils. The key topics include:
- What is a broad and balanced curriculum?
- Understanding curriculum maps
- Working with a curriculum’s big picture and connecting it to every lesson
- The progression of a curriculum in different subjects across age groups
- The effective use of knowledge organizers
- Strategies for deepening pupils’ learning
- Using the curriculum to deepen learning in specific subjects including history and geography
- What constitutes evidence of deeper learning across the curriculum?
- What do your pupils need to be able to discuss to evidence their learning in a curriculum subject?
- What does a teacher need to be able to discuss to evidence their subject knowledge and their understanding of their schools’ curriculum?
Venue: Montpelier Primary School
Venue Phone: 020 8997 5855
Venue Website: http://www.montpelier.ealing.sch.ukAddress:
- All courses are hosted at Montpelier Primary School, Montpelier Road, Ealing, London, W5 2QT.
- Please note there are NO PARKING SPACES AVAILABLE on site and a number of nearby roads have restricted parking. There is zone free parking on Helena Rd, Mount Avenue and some neighbouring roads.
- Please use the TRANSPORT FOR LONDON LINK to check the best public transport available to Montpelier Primary School.
- Buses from Ealing Broadway: E2, E7, E9, 226