Bespoke Twilight CPD Sessions
From September 2020 we intend to offer a range of training courses where previous evaluations – often monitored and validated by Ealing local authority or the Ealing Learning Partnership – have been excellent. We will build upon training which has been developed for NQTs, middle and senior leaders.
From January 2020, and in response to feedback from our alliance schools, we have now planned a suite of training sessions that are geared to meeting needs within different schools’ own financial constraints. Our Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs) will now be able to provide twilight training sessions (3.45 – 5.00pm), at your own school, in order to maximise access for whole staff teams.
Our SLEs can come to schools to deliver bespoke twilight CPD on all curriculum areas (Mathematics, English, Science and learning themes) to develop and enrich staff knowledge and understanding. We can support schools to reflect on their current curriculum and how to ensure effective implementation for maximum pupil impact.
Some examples of what we can offer are:
- The significance of geography in primary education. How does your school develop core knowledge and big ideas to ensure a coherent geography curriculum?
Design and Technology:
- What is design and technology?
- What makes it design and technology rather than art and design?
- What are the different strands of the design and technology curriculum and how can this be planned across each phase?
- What should a high-quality unit look like?
- Key concepts in history – what do they mean and how can we support pupils to develop them in a progressive way?
- The importance of chronology in developing a coherent knowledge and understanding of the past. How to develop pupils understanding of chronology through practical tasks.
- Getting to grips on parts of speech, sentence structure and punctuation. Are all staff clear and confident in teaching parts of speech?
- Ideas and games for developing staff understanding of teaching grammar consistently and effectively across the school.